This key ring set had contains quality metal components, plastic dome button and genuine leather that is cut into the shape of a dog. Enough length of strong thread in matching colour is also included in the set.
It’s very easy to use and quick to make a cute key ring .
You can make your handmade key ring by covering the dome button with your favorite fabrics, sashiko or embroidery.
You don’t need a special tool.
The set does not include fabrics.
The key ring in the image is an example.
Approx. size: 12cm long, 5cm wide and 1cm thick
3 colours available : Beige, Black and Turquoise
How to use:
- Use the dome button cover, on the wrong side of your chosen fabric, trace the outline of button. Then at 1.8cm away from the outline, draw another circle which indicates size of fabric. i.e. radius of fabric is 1.8cm bigger than the dome button.
- If you like you can sashiko stitch or embroider the fabric you choose. An example picture here is done with sashiko.
- At about 5mm away from edge of fabric, running stitch a circle without cutting thread.
- Put dome button on wrong side of fabric, pull thread and gather. Then cut thread off.
- Stitch 2 dome buttons together.
- Leather has holes pre-punched for stitching. Use thread provided, follow hoes on leather, stitch half of the circle.
- Fit domes in between leather pieces, stitch the rest of circle. You may need to push the domes and stretch the leather while stitching to ensure a snug-fit. Knots and ends can be hidden in between leather pieces. Finished.