The DIY Brooch set by Clover is very easy to use!
You can make your handmade brooch by covering the button with your favorite fabrics, sashiko or embroidery.
You don’t need a special tool.
The set does not include fabrics.
The Brooches in the image are samples of finished products.
Each set contains a button cover, a base and a pin. Each pack has 2 sets.
Approx. size: Circle is 40mm in diameter; Oval shape has two sizes available; 45mm x 35mm and 55mm x40mm
Material: Button – polypropylene, brooch pin – nickel plated
How to use: (picture here is for demonstration)
- Use the template provided, on the wrong side of your chosen fabric, trace the area where brooch button is going to cover (dotted line); then trace the solid line which indicates size of fabric.
- If you like you can sashiko stitch or embroider the fabric you choose.
- At about 4-5mm away from edge of fabric, running stitch a circle without cutting thread.
- Put button covering (dome shaped plastic part) on wrong side of fabric, pull thread and gather. Then cut thread off.
- Slide pin into the other plastic part
- push assemble from step 5 onto fabric covered plastic dome. 2 round dots from dome should fit into 2 holes in pin; a “click” sound should be heard